Saturday, December 10, 2011

Coming Soon...

Oh man.  It has been a while...


So many things have kept me from posting :(


1.  ALL of my holds from the library came in at the same time.
No matter where I was on the holds list, Murphy's Law, everything comes in at once.  Leaving me a bit backlogged.  My To Read pile is a bit out of control...


2.  I have massive book ADD.
In EVERY OTHER ASPECT of my life, I'm able to start a task and complete it.  But my raccoon-esque book ADD has been out of control this past month.   And library due dates only enable me.  When I get an email from the NYPL that a book will soon be due, and I haven't started it yet, if it can't be renewed, I end up doing some strategic restructuring of my reading schedule (I'm looking at you, Alice LaPlante's Turn of Mind), leaving me with several half-finished books next to my bed.

Dating in NY, especially dating online in NY, is like having a second full time job.  And unfortunately, my social calendar has, for the most part, been adversely affecting my reading. Although, one thing I did learn this month:  men dig a chick reading books about psychopaths.  One night, I had a copy of Jon Ronson's The Psychopath Test with me (train reading) as I waited for a friend at the bar, and three separate men approached me and used the book to flirt with me.  Duly noted...

4.  My freelance photography business is growing!
I've had several gigs, so a ton of photoediting to do.  No complaints here though!  Check out the tumblr if you so desire :)

So, in the next few days, look out for reviews of:
Tea Obreht's The Tiger's Wife
Graham Greene's The End of the Affair
Tom Perrotta's The Leftovers
Jon Ronson's The Psychopath Test
Bradford Morrow's The Uninnocent

I promise to never leave you alone for that long again!


No comments:

Post a Comment