Monday, January 9, 2012

Missing something?

I'm about 1/3 of the way through 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, which weighs in at a whopping 925 pages (so good so far!!).  Now, I'm a frequent NYPL book borrower, and it's not uncommon from time to time to a errant bookmark accidentally left behind.  But I've never found quite so many items or quite the variety of item in a library book before.  Every 50 pages or so, I've found something random or unexpected.  So far, I've found:

  • a pressed yellow leaf
  • part of someone's bank statement (complete with account number...which I promptly shredded...you're welcome).
  • a heart shaped pink sticky note
  • 1/4 sheet of scrap paper with a meeting agenda on the back
  • a receipt from the Central Park Zoo with a grocery list on the back
What's the strangest/coolest/most random thing you've ever found in a library book?


1 comment:

  1. Lucky you - the best (?) I've ever found was food stains and water marks!!
    But in my own books I do like to leave receipts, tourist info, photos, esp in books I've taken on holidays with me, so that when I reread them I'm remeinded of the time...:-)

    ReplyDelete