- The Nobel Prize in Literature goes to Mo Yan. Have you read any of his work? I'm intrigued by the notion of "hallucinatory realism." (via NPR).
- The National Book Award finalists have been revealed! Congrats to two of my all-time favorite authors, Dave Eggers and Junot Diaz!! (via Publishers Weekly) Also, check out the coverage over at The Millions (they've got excerpts!)
- Newsflash: Democrats are three times more likely to have read Jonathan Franzen novels. In related news, fire is hot. Check out this fun infographic over at Book Riot.
- Precious Moments Grey. Absolutely. "Names of Nail Polishes My 74-year-old Grandma Barb Would Just Love" over at McSweeney's Internet Tendency.
- I just read this part in Joseph Anton! Salman Rushdie Meets Super Mario over at The Millions
Friday, October 12, 2012
The Literary Link List
Links to pieces, old and new, on literature: