Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I'm back!!!!

It has been more than a hot minute since I've posted, and for that I sincerely apologize.  A couple of reasons:


1)  My close friends, R & N, got married!  It was an epic celebration of their love...and after the ceremony I edited over 700 pictures.  So that took some time...if you'd like to see pics, they're posted over at my event photography tumblr agirlcalledjack photography.


2)  My younger brother and his wife are expecting a little girl, Paisley Michelle, and I've been shopping like a crazy person.  She'll be my first niece of what I anticipate will be several nieces/nephews from those two, and I couldn't be more excited for them.  Pics from the shower should be up on the photography site this week, too.


(n.b. re: the name Paisley.  When I first heard the name, my thoughts were more along the lines of this.  But then I caught an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras (I may be a book snob, but my taste in TV is admittedly low brow) featuring Paisley, and SHE'S THE MOST HILARIOUSLY PRECOCIOUS CHILD I'VE EVER SEEN!!!  She has this sense of comedic timing and the things that come out of her mouth are priceless!  If our Paisley comes out even half as spunky and witty, we're golden.)


3) I launched a style blog!  I am a beauty product junkie, and spend almost as much time reading Vogue and style/design blogs as I spend curled up with a book, and I figured I needed to create a home for my stylish musings separate from that of my literary ones.  If you're interested, check it out over at XOXO, Jacki.


But I'm back with you and my regular blogging schedule should more or less resume by the end of the week.  Coming soon...


Reviews of:
A Sense of Direction by Gideon Lewis-Kraus


Nip The Buds, Shoot the Kids by Kenzaburo Oe

I'm almost finished:
How Should a Person Be? by Sheila Heti

Understories by Tim Horvath

A Small Fortune by Rosie Dastgir


And I just started:
Eat the Document by Dana Spiotta
Beauty is Convulsive: The Passion of Frida Kahlo by Carole Maso

No comments:

Post a Comment