Last night, I went to Strand to hear Tea Obreht in conversation with Charles Simic (more on that tomorrow), and besides finally purchasing a copy of The Tiger's Wife, which Ms. Obreht signed (!!!), I ended up leaving with:
1. The Yellow Wall-Paper, Herland, and Selected Writings by Charlotte Perkins Gilman I've wanted to re-read The Yellow Wallpaper, and Herland has an intriguing premise. $6.50.
2. The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy I had to return this to the library before I could finish it, and at $6.95, I'm all about buying my own copy.
3. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens It's on my list of classics I should really read, and at $4.95, I'm not going to say no.
4. Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh Loved it when I read it and have wanted my own copy. Can't beat $5.95.
5. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf On the PW list of most difficult books that I am determined to conquer. I LOVED Mrs. Dalloway (and I will share my thoughts with you soon! Promise!) so I figured this was worth owning. $6.95.
I love Strand's prices :)
Bought any good books lately?