Monday, June 11, 2012

Bibliophile Style: Bachelorette Weekend

I'm sorry I've been a bit negligent with my posting this past week, but I was helping to throw a bachelorette weekend for my dear friend R.  


I've known her since college and she is one of the warmest, kindest, most genuine people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and the privilege of calling my friend.  And the man she's marrying is pretty spectacular as well!  If soul mates exist, he's hers.  They just FIT and compliment each other so well!  The highlight of the bachelorette party last night was the game with the questionnaire:  the groom to be is given a list of questions, and he answers them as the bride would answer them.  At the party, she's asked the same set of questions and she has to answer how she thinks he'd answer them as her.  Still with me?  Most questions are sweet, like "What was the most romantic date you've been on?"  or "When did he first tell you he loved you?"  It was eerie but incredibly heartwarming to see R answer each question with such accuracy!!!  They are absolutely meant to be together and I'm so excited to play a small part in the start of their life together.


Now, A is the supremely talented legit event planner of the group, and after she threw a gorgeous shower, the less talented of us took over for the bachelorette. I was assigned "decor," and since R is classic, I went for all white decor (white table cloth, plates, napkins, etc) with candles floating in wine glasses, Christmas lights, white paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling, and fresh mums, white with vibrant pops of purple (the bride's colors are purple and white).  I'd post pictures, but what happens at the bachelorette party stays at the bachelorette party...so you'll just have to make due with my inspiration board...


Bachelorette Party Inspiration


Book related posting resumes tomorrow!  Cross my heart!



XOXO,


Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment